Labeling Partitions

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Dec 6 09:55:43 EST 2002

Hello Justin,
  Bob Meyer and I briefly talked about this one night. Labels are pretty
cool in that the "label", say /boot does not have to be tied to a
particular piece of hardware, be it /dev/hda1 or /dev/sda5. How you can
determine which label points to which device, you may be able to "ls -l
"label", I'm not sure, have not look into this further. I do know that
the current man pages on fstab delve into the subject. Hope I was a bit
of a help.