Charles Rishel chaz03 at localnet.com
Wed Aug 28 20:33:29 EDT 2002

you should try adding ' /sbin/hdparm -c1d1k1 /dev/hdb '  to your
/etc/rc.d/rc.local script.. worked here for me.  perhaps it was not fully
qualified for the command on your box.

BTW.. I had seen hdparm before but never messed with it until today when I
saw your post.. thanks.. since I started with it I have now just less than
tripled my hd r/w speed.  Excellent

Chaz®