No subject

Riga, Anthony Anthony.Riga at searbrown.com
Wed Aug 28 15:34:12 EDT 2002

I added a second hdd on my Linux box at work. I got everything to work fine. Now I noticed the  hdds response is slower so what I did was checked to how fast they were spinning. The 16 bit is turned on and I want to tun on the 32bit i/o and DMA. I did hdparm -c -d /dev/hdb to see. Then I changed it doing hdparm -c 1 -d 1 /dev/hdb and it worked. But I tried to save it using testparm -k 1  /de/hdb and then I added hdparm -c 1 -d 1 -k 1 /dev/hdb to the /etc/rc.d/rc.local config to get it to work whan it boots up but it dosent work ? How can I get it to reconize the 32bit at boot up and not go back to 16bit. Thanks!