Sendmail Auth Question

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Tue Aug 27 08:10:19 EDT 2002

I have roaming salesmen who use a sendmail server with AUTH to allow
them to send email, I would like to change the log level to allow
logging of the username who sends a message. In my maillog I see the
from and to addresses, howver I believe one of them has a virus because
the from address is <> (typical of things like hybris), it may be
sending out through outlook or something that has the smtp-auth
settings. All I get logged
in the source IP which is not very helpfull, It resolves to
attglobal.net but that could be any of our guys. Anybody got an Idea how

to do that, or if it's even possible?

Justin

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer