Interesting reading

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Aug 24 20:16:17 EDT 2002

Off hand, this sounds too good to be true.  I have seen discussions of Windows emulators like wine and one I thought was called lindows.  What's the catch?

It always seemed to me that Linux was wonderful once you got it to work, but that there was always an unresolved file dependency or kernel compile thrown in somewhere along the way.
I've been wanting to switch to Linux for a long time, but haven't because I have so many applications in Windows and mainly because  I am desperately trying to become an end user!  I actually want to get something done other than configuring operating systems (or reloading windows from scratch for the 100th time! - which, along with applications and data, takes me about 4 very long days).

I almost jumped and signed up right away, but I've done that too many times before.  Is this just a gimmick or is it really an end user version of linux?  Or, is it just too soon to know?

Joe