print server?

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Aug 6 20:58:42 EDT 2002

I've never had any luck with LPRng either, from what I've seen, can't
beat CUPS!
On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 20:55, peter wrote:

    I've had similar problems. I'm using RH7.3 with a bit of the "limbo"
    beta thrown in. There's a LPRng update for RH 7.2 and/or RH RH7.3
    available from their updates/errata but I'm not sure about it... I've
    never gotten LPRng to work with any but the default hostname, even with
    a local-only printer!

    I've had a few HP Apollo 1200 printers, and they seem to use the same
    driver... defaults to 300 dpi and has only 1 ink tank?

    My best luck was with the older lpr from RH6.x because it doesn't seem
    to care about such things.

    HTH , please let me know how it goes....

    --
    "Thy lyf so short, thy craft so long to lerne."
    	-- Geoffrey Chaucer "The Canterbury Tales"