Vacation Program Web Front end

deadpoint deadpoint at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 3 09:15:28 EDT 2002

this depends on the server that you are using, as not all imap servers
use the .forware file. for example the Cyrus imap server from CMU uses
the Sieve mail filtering language to handle vacation, and any other
message filtering. if this is the case you need to configure sendmail to
interact directly with cyrus via lmtp, which i'm not going to get into
(if you interested let me know). in the case of Cyrus you can use
Websieve, http://sourceforge.net/projects/websieve. if you're using
squirrelmail there is a sieve plugin, which i've not used even though
i'm using squirrelmail.