Samba

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 26 09:10:45 EDT 2002

Well, without getting into the intricacies (yeah, I know it's spelled wrong)
of signals, the 'kill' command sends a signal to a process by process ID number
that the process can act on.  USR2 really means 'SIGUSR2' when you're writing
programs and 'killall' will send the same signal to all processes with the name
that is on the command line.

In the 'man' page for 'xinetd', it says that sending a SIGUSR2 to xinetd causes
it
to reread it's configuration.

Hope this helps

Cheers!