Found a bug in kde3 icons...

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 14:38:21 EDT 2002

I downloaded the Mandrake specific RPMs from the site.  I'm currently trying to
install the mosfet-liquid theme on my machine but it won't compile.  Not sure
what's going on but it looks like it's using something called 'libtool' to set
up compiles and that seems to override the preferences in the Makefiles.  This
is getting annoying.  All of the Makefiles call out -lqt-mt (multi-threaded qt
libraries) but the actual compile identifies '-lqt' which doesn't exist so it's
getting pulled from /usr/lib/qt2.  Anybody got a clue on this???

Cheers!

Bob
--- Robert Dege <rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

> > There is a bug in the file /usr/share/applnk-mdk/Terminals/konsole.desktop.
> > The line that actually tells it what to run says 'konsole-noxft' instead of
> > 'konsole -noxft' (note the added space).  This will cause a dialog to pop
> up
> > and the panel will not auto-hide until the dialog is cleared.
>
> I believe that this is a Mandrake only error, since my Redhat box doesn't
> experience this problem.  Did you just run the Mandrake update, or
> download the rpm's directly from KDE's site?
>

> Dege
>
> So Many Things in Life Would Be Really Funny
> .... If They Weren't Happening To Me

=====
Bob Meyer
Knightwing Communications, Inc.