Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 15 11:44:13 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Riga, Anthony" <Anthony.Riga at searbrown.com>
To: "Nflug (E-mail)" <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 9:33 AM

> I installed &.2 Redhat on my second hard drive dual boot and it worked out
ok. It has some really nice features. I also installed Samba because I want
to learn it. When I try to use SWAT on the web browser it dosent let me
connect to SWAT. It gives me an error 127.0.0.1:901 it wont open the port. I
went the Samba.org page for help and did everything possible to get it to
work. I can ping 127.0.0.1 and get a response. Has any one set up Samba and
had these issues? I really need help. Also every once in awhile on 7.2 I
lose my start menu. It just disappears. Has anyone had this problem before
happen. I have too log out and log in to get them back!

I had something like that happen to me "I lose my start menu. It just
disappears" from the way I see it. It has to do with the setup features you
choose at the end of the install. I have 384 megs of ram, but a slower speed
processor so when you choose too many bells and whistles the features
hiccup. I found out that the OS detects the best over all preferences
for your desktop features. That is it matches it to your processors speed
(mainly processors speed) and amount of ram.
To run those functions so I went through this a few times before I felt that
I'd better leave it alone and let the OS determine the desktop features and
just go ahead and click ok! I don't know how or if you can fix it. All I
know is that I just wiped and reinstalled.

Ron

Ron Maggio
Have Screwdriver Will Travel
Computer Repair Service