Gentoo Linux

Gregory J. Neumann gjn at certainlywood.com
Mon Apr 15 11:10:50 EDT 2002

Hi, all.
I'm learning from my mistakes?  I downloaded and printed out all the docs available
from the Gentoo site on installing and configuring.  That's definately the way to
go.  The install.txt is nice, but not as complete as the website docs.  Of course,
I'm doing it the hard way, building everything from the sources as I go.  This
involves ALOT of time, especially as the kernel supplied w/ the iso image is not
dual processore aware!  I've made it past the bootstrap stage.  There are a couple
of details I missed, so the original build I did was ... shall we say "non-
standard" ... "crippled" is probably more accurate! ;-)  If things keep up like
this, I'll see you at the meeting w/ a successful, highly customized Gentoo Linux
box.

-Greg