ypldapd (NIS from LDAP)

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 14 15:52:54 EDT 2002

I just found this lurking on Freshmeat.net.  By the way, if you've never
checked out freshmeat, give it a go.  You can find SO much stuff there.
Another good place to look is www.rpmfind.net (for RPM based distribs, anyway).
 Since we've been talking a lot about LDAP and NIS for use in enterprise
systems, I figgered that this would be appropriate...

Cheers!

Bob

ypldapd 2.0FCS
 by Luke Howard - Sunday, April 14th 2002 11:07 EDT

About: Ypldapd is a Network Information Service (NIS) server which uses LDAP as
its information source. Using ypldapd, existing NIS clients can transparently
use LDAP to resolve user, group and host information. Enterprises can thus
realize the benefits of LDAP, such as its distribution and scalability, without
ugprading clients. Used in conjunction with LDAP server technologies such as
Netscape's Directory Server, ypldapd can provide single sign on to both NT and
UNIX clients.

=====
Bob Meyer
Knightwing Communications, Inc.