LFS attempts

Robert Romito robromito at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 10:52:43 EDT 2002

Once your LFS system is working, checkout
http://beyond.linuxfromscratch.org for help with building up your LFS
system.  My first attempt at LFS resulted in massive compile errors when
I progressed to the chroot phase.  I'm sure I messed up one of the
earlier commands or packages.  LFS involves a lot of typing!  Going to
try again shortly.  I agree with John's advice on having something else
to do while your LFS system compiles.  There are a lot of steps involved
in LFS, but the book is organized so you can build small pieces at a
time.  Very helpful if you can't dedicate an entire weekend to LFS.