meeting topic

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Fri Apr 5 07:21:14 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bradley J. Bartram" <bradbartram at wycol.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 5:51 PM
Subject: meeting topic

Hello All -

I've been chatting off list with Bob Meyer for a little bit about some
meeting topics and he suggested I bring it up to the nflug membership in
general.

I am a security cunsultant. I specialize in testing, identifying, isolating,
recommending, and implimenting security related systems for organizations
large and small. I have volunteered to give possibly two security related
talks to the group, one for the newbie covering such topics as basic system
do's and don'ts after installation, system hardening, and best practices.
The second topic would be aimed towards the power user and would cover such
items as encryption, firewalls, ids, etc.

Of course these options are highly configurable based upon the will of the
group.

As an aside, my organization, Bartram Enterprises is also the sole var / oem
of Mandrake product in the Greater Buffalo Region and is actively involved
as
a member of MandrakeSoft's SecTeam which is the group which is tasked with
patching and testing security related updates to the Mandrake family of
products.

Anywho, the offer's open, so let me know what ch'all think.

brad
<--------------------------------------snip---------------------------------
Sounds like a topic that we need to hear! I say go for it Brad!

Ron:)

Ron Maggio
Have Screwdriver Will Travel
Computer Repair Service