Contact Information - Collaboration

Wechter, Ron WechterR at cnrc.navy.mil
Thu Apr 4 10:13:39 EST 2002

Alrighty,

	Why netscape 6.2 -- Mozilla on Windows 2k for some reason does not
run on my system.  I know I know -- why windows 2k...Ghost Recon (No ports
yet)!

	What am I trying to do with the contacts -- First step is to share
between Netscape on Linux AND Windows.  Second step trying to find out
standards, like LDAP, where one could maintain only one main contact list
for all clients.

	I understand that 100% compatability is NEVER true BUT this type of
scenario is what corporations want in a multi-OS environment.  Also ,working
for the government, they want it all for LESS THAN 2¢ (Look at the HTML
ASCII code table for the symbol -- Hint it has to do with money :) ).

Looking into LDAP -- Since linux is free and we have about 28 P75's sitting
here ready to DRMO (Get rid of) and about 10 P350's Im sure I can implement
LDAP for free! (hehehehe)

Sincerely,

Ronald K. Wechter
NRD Buffalo Assistant Systems Administrator
NRD Buffalo Webmaster
Navy Recruiting Department Buffalo
(716) 551-4901