Contact Information - Collaboration

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Apr 3 23:57:17 EST 2002

> How did this come up: Netscape runs in both Linux and Windows.  Netscape 6.2
> can be used for email and contacts.  The contacts are NOT exportable (unless
> one "Prints it to a file").  When I view the default file abook.mab
> (Netscapes Address Book) there is alot of extraneous characters and info
> there to sort through.  When I print the contact/card to a file is is not in
> any standard viewable by any other PIM.

Trying to create a file that is 100% compatible with any other program is
impossible, since every product has their own view & style of
importing/exporting.  Are you just trying to interrelate between Netscape
for Windows/Linux, or are there other programs that you are seeking
compatibility with?

I forget who posted it, but an LDAP server is an excellent idea, except I
think it'd be overkill for what you want, and there are still some
programs that don't support LDAP.

BTW, why Netscape 6.2?  Good god man, migrate to Mozilla.  More up to
date, more stable, and doesn't include the shit that AOL believes you
should need with a Netscape distro.

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me