Contact Information - Collaboration

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed Apr 3 14:35:59 EST 2002

if you want to have multiple clients connect to on data source use ldap,
  ldap is the standard for storing such inforamton. i have no idea is
outlook or notes can import an ldif file, i would never use them.

let's say you can 250 contacts in you netscape address book that you're
interested in sharing with 5, 50, or 100 other users. you could export
those address, upload them into an OpenLAP, Novell DS, Iplanet, or any
other LDAP server, even Active Directory. then all that those other
users would need to do is setup there client, netscape, mozilla, outlook
to look at the directory. you'd be all set. it's much simpiler with
netscape then any other client that i've seen.

i'd export your outlook address to comma or tab seperated file and
import them into netscape, which supports imports of that file type.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
darinper at cognigencorp.com