USB in Mandrake

Clay Berlo clay_berlo at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 22:34:51 EDT 2001

I'm presently running Mandrake 8.1 rc1 (2.4.8-24
kernel), and the USB seems to work generally okay --
only problem is I only have one USB device, and it's
only just in the process of being fully supported....

The device, a SONY DSC-P30 Digital Camera, is
recognized by the system, but no driver is loaded.
Other than *that* little detail, everything looks in
order.  I understand a patch is in the works to
support the whole line of DSC cameras.

I'm using an Intel MAUI motherboard, with built-in USB
support.

My $0.02

~Clay