Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 16:33:27 EDT 2001

--- "Riga, Anthony" <Anthony.Riga at searbrown.com> wrote:
> I am a new Linux user and I installed Linux Redhat 7.1 on another hard drive
> on my computer. My mouse works nut I can get the wheel to work.Is there a
> program that I can use to get it to work?
>
> 		--Thanks

Yes, you should be able to get the wheel to work.  There are two things that
you need to do:
Edit your XF86Config file to tell the system that the mouse type is "IMPS/2",
rather than "PS/2" and add the line:

ZAxisMapping "4 5"
in the same section.

The second part is for Netscape.  Unfortunately, I can't remember the changes
that need to be made to '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Netscape' but they're
available on the net.  There's a wheelmouse page that tells lots of things to
do to make the wheel mouse work on Linux.  Most of it is outdated but the
change for Netscape still works.  If you're using KDE, you probably won't need
to use 'imwheel' so stay away from that program.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

=====
Bob Meyer