sendmail question

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Oct 22 10:15:20 EDT 2001

If all you want to do is forward email, you can do either of the
following:

1) use a procmail recipe to forward the mail (then you can log the
forwards)

2) add an entry in the /etc/aliases file & HUP sendmail.

I've always used the access database for more of an anti-spamming source,
then a mail forwarding source.  But I'm no sendmail guru either.

-Rob

> hello,
>
> i have a sendmail question that i'm trying to solve and i keep getting
> half way there but it never pans out. i want to send all incoming email
> from user at domain.com and forward to mymailbox at mydomain.com. here's a few
> things that i've look at.
>
> 1. access database - access allows you to take
> 	From:user at domain.com 	RELAY/REJECT/OK
>
> 2. virtuserstable - maps nonexistant address or domains to real
> addresses. doesn't appear to allow headed specific info, at least that
> i've found yet.
>
> these looked the most promising. has anyone ever done something list
> this?
>
> --
> Darin Perusich
> Unix Systems Administrator
> Cognigen Corp.
> darinper at cognigencorp.com

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.