Environment variables?

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 14:18:41 EDT 2001

I assume you want to set this up becasue you are behind a firewall?

I use the same setting and it is merely
http_proxy="http://<username>:<password>@<proxyserver>:<port>"

Typically the username is all you need but sometimes you need on some MS
proxies. Port is typically 80 and if you have resolv.conf setup or DHCP gives
you a DNS server Proxy can be the name of the server.

Just put this setting in ~/.bash_profile (I think) maybe ~/.bashrc ?  Someone
correct me for a Debian system?

And everytime you logon you will get it .  I think the Universal environment
variables are in /etc/bashrc

JJN