WinLinux 2001

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Oct 16 15:26:27 EDT 2001

First off, it's winlinux.net, not .org.

Second, Winlinux resides on the same partition as Windows (unless you
specified it on another partition).  This being known, it might be
possible that scandisk saw a winlinux file as corrupt (containing invalid
characters & what not), and either removed it, or renamed it to
filechk.001 (depending upon the type of scan you ran)

Probably, the easiest solution to this would be to just re-install the
Winlinux product, and allow it to recopy it's files to the drive.

Good Luck

-Rob

> Hello:
>
> I purchase a CD WinLinux 2001 from WinLinux org. I was able to load the
> program successfully as a dual boot.
> After I loaded it  satisfactory I went back into Windows and did a Scan
> disk. When the scan disk was finished I shut down and tried to re-boot
> into Linux. All I got was a black screen with the  letter I.
>
> I then re-loaded windowMe and I have tried numerous times to re-load
> WinLinux 2001 after being able to load it successfully once. Every time
> I try to re-load it (on the same machine)  I get a message that says
> "Access VIOLATION at ADDRESS 004674F8 in Module 'DEFCFG,EXE' read of
> address FFFFFFFF (eight F's)" I also get a message " '$' is not a valid
> integer value"
>
> I have asked WinLinux for help but so far all they have sent me was a
> DEFCFG file which I can't use because it will not work because I can't
> get WinLinux to load in the second (third, fourth, etc.) place. Are
> there any WinLinux 2001 people out there who may be able to help?
> I thinking I may have to re-format my hard drive or is this too radical.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> PS The disk is good because I took it into school and it loaded nicely.
>

> Bob Pope
> 662-7763

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.