[JAVA] runtime environment

Gregory D Hough tracy.hochheimer at sympatico.ca
Wed May 30 11:50:01 EDT 2001

Greeting [nflug]:

	I have been using StarOffice 5.2 for sometime now on
RedHat7, version 2.2.16-22. The only problem I have is that
StarOffice fails to recognize a "java runtime environment".

	I have followed the threads at supportforum.sun.com and
in particular staroffice.com.support.install.linux. I have not
found a solution and others with this problem have given up, and
continue to use Netscape instead.

	I have glibc-2.2-12 and glibc-devel-2.2-12
	I have jre118 and jdk118_v1

	Does anyone know how to properly configure StarOffice52
user files 'sofficerc' and 'javarc' with the correct paths,
arguments, etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanx,
--
farmer greg

http://www3.sympatico.ca/tracy.hochheimer/index.html