Sunday's meeting

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 11:09:03 EDT 2001

We held a fairly informal meeting on Sunday.  There were about 8 people there
at one point.  The discussion wandered around the topic of where information
can be found.  Since only one other machine was brought in, we really didn't
set up a network.

One question that I was asked was: "What books are good to read to learn
Linux/Unix?".  I responded with "The design of the Unix Operating System" but I
misidentified the author.  It's actually Maurice J. Bach.  Today, I did a bit
of poking around and found a nice writeup on the "Path to Enlightenment".  It's
written whimsically but there's some very valid information there.  Check out:
http://www.rootprompt.org/article.php3?article=2377  It's a really good
article.

We also talked a bit about what we can do at the next meeting.  Someone
mentioned "LAN party" and we got lots of nodding heads and smiles.  Looks like
that might be a good idea.  How do folks feel about bringing their machines in,
hooking up to a hub and starting a "fragfest"?  I think it would be a blast
(literally?).

Cheers!

Bob Meyer

=====