[Fwd: LINUX EXPO NEW YORK !!!]

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Thu May 17 12:14:08 EDT 2001

--------------D6C3152A0D130F7DB98A0F17

hello,

this came in this afternoon, would this be of interest to anyone.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Administrator
darinper at cognigencorp.com
--------------D6C3152A0D130F7DB98A0F17

From: "Andrea Roy" <andrea.roy at skyevents.com>
To: <info at nflug.org>
Subject: LINUX EXPO NEW YORK !!!
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 12:01:00 -0400

Hello dear lug,

This is my 3td emails....hope you will have time to answer me today !!!

I am studing very seriously now the possibility of doing 2 days conferences
in New York before the end of this year.  It would be technical talks only.
Our tagetted audience would be:

IT Manager
IT Project Manager
Webmaster
Network Operation Staff
Software Support Staff
Engineer
Program Analyst
Development Engineer
Technical Advisor
Graphic Creator

I would have 7 sponsors (linux/or open source companies) that would pay to
be a sponsor:  they would have included :

2 conferences of 40 minutes each
Demontration table for your products
Logo and link on our website
Logo on all our publicities
Visitor's Database
Public Relation (media, press etc…)

something like that.

I need the local lugs support, for sure, I am doing the samething here in
Montreal, June 13 and 14th.

I would love to do something in New York

What I am looking for :

1- Have the your lug support (exchange of logo, help on site for the
registration etc etc... no money involved)and other LUG of your area

2- Find a technical school in New York where people would go to attend. (350
places at least)
(WOuld you have names?? COllege, University etc)

If I don't have your support there is no point for me to do something in
your area.  It is very important for me.

Please get back to me to let me know what you think of the project.

I have to pick 2 cities for 2001 and another 5 for 2002.  The concept is
great (I think :-) and I do it for the tech people that we forget most of
the time !!

Sorry for my english that is not perfect !!

Warmest regards,

Andrea Roy
Directrice/Director Skyevents Amériques

Tel: 514 842 2221
Cel: 514 999 9792

www.linux-expo.com

Montreal, June 13-14, 2001- Canada
www.linuxexpomontreal.com

Sao Paulo May 9-10, 2001- Brazil
Shanghai  May 15-18, 2001- China
Milan     June 6-7, 2001- Italy
Birmingham, September 12-13, 2001, UK
Road Show East Country  September, 2001

2002
Paris     January 30-31-1, 2002- France
Amsterdam February 19,20, 2002- Netherlands
Madrid    April, 3-4, 2002- Espana

Very Soon Linux Expo
Mexico, Germany, Singapore