telnetd on mandrake (or, i seem to have been whacked with a stupid stick!)

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 09:54:32 EDT 2001

/etc/securetty.  You'll have to make entries for as many pseudo-ttys as you
figure you might use :-)  They're probably going to be called '/dev/pts?' where
the '?' is a digit.  The system creates them as it needs them to support
xterms, telnetd, etc.

Personnally, I vote for the 'sudo' option.  I've forgotten the root password on
systems because I always uses 'sudo'.

Cheers!

=====