Digital Tape Real Reading Ability

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 20:08:45 EDT 2001

When he talks about DASD, that's IBM speak for disk storage.  It stands for
Direct Access Storage Device (aka Disk Drives).  I think he just wants to be
able to get the data to an IBM AS/400 somehow.

If you can suck the data off the tape and put it someplace that he can FTP, I
think that you'd be good.

By the way, I have "extensive" experience reading vintage tapes.  If you have
problems, I could help.

Cheers!

=====
Bob Meyer