lilo.conf?

Richard.Hubbard at nhwny.com Richard.Hubbard at nhwny.com
Fri May 18 14:31:40 EDT 2001

This may be a really stupid suggestion, but this fixed a similar problem I
was having.

I had the dreaded LI  startup problem with a large hard drive.  So I talked
to some really smart people, and they told me to put LBA32 in lilo.conf.

and still got LI,  for several reboots (i used a boot floppy to start up
when the hard drive didn't)

finally, I was told, that after changing lilo.conf, you have to run lilo in
that session to make the changes to the MBR.

Sorry if you already did that, but that's just my best guess from my
experience.

Richard A. Hubbard III
MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCT, CLI, CLP,LCI,LCP,
 A+, Net+,I-net+
Training Manager, New Horizons Buffalo
richard.hubbard at nhwny.com
phone (716) 681-8500 x2241
           (716) 206-2241 Direct
fax      (716) 206-2222

                    "Joe Pollock"
                    <josephj at adel        To:     <nflug at nflug.org>
                    phia.net>            cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     lilo.conf?
                    owner-nflug at n
                    flug.org

                    05/18/01
                    09:09 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    nflug

Hi. I'm running Red Hat 7.0 on a dual boot system with Windoz 98 se.  Can
someone post a lilo.conf file that will default boot to Windoz?  I've tried
several things and they all seem to be ignored.

Thanks.  Joe