SAMBA

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 10:15:00 EST 2001

OK, it sounds like we have a good idea what to play with for the meeting.
Seems that Samba is on everyone's mind, lately.  I have some experience with it
on both the client and server side.  I have NO experience with the PDC/BDC
functionality.  It would be WAY cool if someone could bring information about
that and maybe someone (JJ) could bring an NT box to try binding to the domain.
 I'd like to see that myself.  I'm also interested in seeing if a Linux box can
bind to a domain and use the domain login information in PAM.

Cheers!

--- Darin Perusich <Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com> wrote:
> setting up smb and nmb sounds like a good idea to me. was this done at
> any past meetings, john, robert? i have an old sun IPX box that i'm
> running redhat 6.2 for sparc on that we could use for a samba demo. it
> might be old and kind of slow, but it's far easier to lug around then my
> worstation.
>

> Lasse Saarinen wrote:
> >
> > On topics for next meeting...
> >
> > It seems that most people here have come in touch with SAMBA in one way or
> anoter.
> > However, it appears that there still are a lot of questions regarding it.
> Some of these
> > might be best answered with a live demonstration, if someone with the
> know-how (count me
> > out) would care to do it and interest exists.
> >
> >  > Unfortunately Peter, we probably won't see Kellie unless he can make a
> really
> > > long journey to come to the meeting.
> >
> > Can anyone say "video confrence"? =)))
> >
> > ~ Lasse

> > This message was sent using Panda Mail.  Check your regular email account
> away from home
> > free!  http://bstar.net/panda/
>
> --
> Darin Perusich