Printing on Star Office

trek trek at becon.org
Thu Jul 19 11:46:05 EDT 2001

First, you must be root.  A user cannot setup or change printer
configurations.  Then, if your printer device is
not listed, you use the generic one, and click on the "connect" button.
This links the driver you want to "Generic".
You can also install a different driver, as I had to do for an Epson
740, by clicking on "Install New Driver", then
given the path to the new driver.  Mine are all listed in
/usr/share/Ghostscript/5.5/  on my SuSE Linux system.
When done, "connect" the new driver to "Generic", then "Configure" to
set up for color/B&W, resolution, etc.
That's about it, I believe.  Star Office does have a good help system,
though I find it hard to navigate it.  Good
luck.

Dean Janik
trek at becon.org