Training

Ronald V. Maggio intelli at localnet.com
Thu Jul 5 12:53:13 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "JJ Neff" <jjneff at yahoo.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 12:15 PM
Subject: Training

> I have recently discovered a GREAT source of info for a newbie and a
oldbie
> alike.  Sometimes it's good for people who have been using Linux for some
time
> to review old and new commands/tools.
>
> www.mandrakecampus.com is an excellent easy to follow but very in depth
> explanation of common and not so common tools ideas and theory of Linux
and
> Unix.  Everything builds on everything else and while it may not go into
the
> 100th level of command line switches for every cmd it does give a good
idea of
> what to use a command for and how it's used most often.  It can be worked
> through and small quizzes taken to prove you did learn something.
>
> AND IT's FREE!!
>
> I Highly recommend it for every newbie and for anyone who may have been
using
> Linux for awhile but grew up in Windows and still "translates in their
head"
> from Windows to Linux.
>
> John J. Neff

> http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Hi John.

Sounds great.

        Since I'm still a newbie and would like to learn Linux. I'm happy
that there is a source on the net for Linux tutorials.
Bob Meyer handed out copies of Mandrake 8.0 the other month and I'm going to
install it soon on one of my systems.
I was wondering though. Is there a site on the web that hosts tutorials on
installing software; and how to install and use Wine to emulate windows
programs? Or is the topics I mentioned explained in the tutorials at the
Mandrakecampus site?
If it is not could you tell me if you know of any sites that my have the
information I need to understand how to use Linux as well as I know how to
use Windows.

        By the way when is the next meeting? Is there one scheduled for this
month (ie: July) or is there a summer recess?
Let me know if so.

Ron M.