sound woes :-(

Lasse Saarinen kumiorava at crosswinds.net
Tue Jan 30 15:27:10 EST 2001

233Mhz should still be enough though. I have an old P200 running Windows
lying around here. I tried playing some pretty big 192Kbps mp3's on it
just to see how it fares. Music Mach played it without a glich. It does
have a Sound Blaster card though, and the Windows drivers are quite
polished now. It could also be that the Linux modules for onboard SIS
aren't the greatest yet.

Stone, what modules are you using for sound support the OSS/Free drivers
(the ones included in the Linux kernel source), ALSA modules, or the
commercial OSS maby?

- Lasse