Linux problem-2

kmi at acersoftech.com.cn kmi at acersoftech.com.cn
Tue Jan 9 22:51:38 EST 2001

Hi all,

I'm not sure what the REVALIDATE parameter is though I've gone through smb.conf
      manual already. (Maybe in the manual, you'll confused about that the
      precondition is to set secure selection as share. In fact, there also
      exists a password even user choose share which is just open for all
      users.)

Any help would be a great appreciation!

BTY, I feel hard to make any choice of which OS should be installed after
      reading all E-mails from you experts. However I'm willing to suck those
      advantages of all OSes.

Kellie

Subject:  Linux problem-1

Hi all,

Happy new year! Also wish our nflug become more and more prosperous in the new
century!

The network architecture is:
1. there are four PCs: Windows NT PDC A, Windows NT PDC B, Win98 workstation C,
Red Hat Linux 7.0 D
2. IP assignments: A&C: 10.41.x.x, D: 192.168.x.x, B has two NICs, one is
connected to network A, the other is connected to D directly,
3. A trusts B, C is added to A domain
4. SAMBER server is set up in D
5. C's gateway is changed as B(192.168.x.x), restart C

The problem is:
It is successful when I ping both D's IP and its name in C's dos prompt but
failed if in find computer dialogue box.

Thanks.

Kellie