SAMBA

kmi at acersoftech.com.cn kmi at acersoftech.com.cn
Wed Feb 28 20:52:20 EST 2001

The Samba version is 2.0.7 in Red Hat 7.0. I'm using both Windows 2000(NT) and
Red Hat Linux 7.0 as PDC. They run stably.

Kellie

Richard.Hubbard at nhwny.com on 2001-03-01 01:38:57

Please respond to nflug at nflug.org

 To:      nflug at nflug.org

 cc:      (bcc: Kellie Mi/AI_ASTS/ACER)

 Subject: Re: SAMBA

I forget which version ships with Red Hat 7.0, but it is a 2.X, and did
support NT/Windows 98 authentication.  Mind you, my system wasn't going
that long, it was a test system that got nicked for other purposes. If I
get another box to play with, I'll check again.

Richard A. Hubbard III
MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCT, CLI, CLP,LCI,LCP,
 A+, Net+,I-net+
Training Manager, New Horizons Buffalo
richard.hubbard at nhwny.com
phone (716) 681-8500 x2241
fax   (716) 683-2368

                    JJ Neff
                    <jjneff at yahoo        To:     nflug at nflug.org
                    .com>                cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     SAMBA
                    owner-nflug at n
                    flug.org

                    02/27/01
                    05:13 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    nflug

I have begun reading the SAMBA book. and I see that in 2.0 they do not
support
the NT domain authentication model, but promise it in 2.1,  What version
are
you folks using that have SAMBA machines as PDC's and do you use NT
clients?

JJN