MTU

Gregory J.Neumann gjn at certainlywood.com
Fri Dec 7 11:11:50 EST 2001

Here's a real shot form the hip from a very wannabe sysadmin:

"man ifconfig" and search got me "mtu N" no "=" sign.  Would something
like:
ifconfig eth0 ... mtu 1492 ..." work as a manual override for the default
settings till you can get it worked into a script?
The Slackware /etc/rc.d/rc.1net1 script has a script calling ifconfig,
but none of the parameters has the "=" in them.  Try leaving that "="
out??

Hope it helps!
Greg

On 12/7/01, 10:41:52, Robert Dege <rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote regarding
MTU: