Clone disks

[Darth] Snowbeam linux at snowbeam.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 1 09:01:48 EST 2001

Hi all, something I would love to see discussed here are clone disks. I am
looking for the pros and cons of using clone disks. I actually want a
better understanding of them. Over the last couple of months, I have found
I now have some extra disks lying around that could be used as alternate
boot sources should something happen to my primary disk. Some of my
queries are:

- Solaris allows for clone disks and alternate disk boot up. Does Linux?
- Can clone disks be a form of back up? By this I mean, can a clone of
  your primary disk and partitions be made on a daily basis?

Usually I would go out an ddo the research myself, but as it's something
that just came up, I thought I would pose my questions here as part of
such research. Thanks for any info anyone can offer.

---------
- [Darth] Snowbeam

"It is not fear that keeps the elephant wary of the mouse, it is his
wisdom that reminds him not to underestimate his opponent" -me