Goverment.

Dennis J. Eberl dje at pcom.net
Fri Mar 31 14:49:25 EST 2000

James Simmons wrote:

> > Organization is like the Federal and State governments. We ought to
> > have just as much of it as we need -- hint, very little -- and not a bit
> > more. Almost any kind of truly representative small committee would work
> > and we ought to make it mandatory that people on it get off it in favor of
> > someone new so the committee doesn't become a loathsome dragon.
>
> Yuk!!! If we had over 1000 memeber I could see it.

Yuk!!!! We have almost 40 members and are growing. What do you suggest?

> > I have one suggestion. We could tighten up the presentations by setting
> > a time limit (this bothers me a bit though: we were all having fun) and
> > -- this is more important -- providing members who may want to
> > wander off with a printed handout containing main points, references,
> > links, etc.
>
> We sort of do that now. Offically the presentation is supposed to go to
> 3:00pm and then we have one hour of socializing. Yes I know we ran over
> time last time :(

I think that's inevitable. People socialize before, during, at break time, and
briefly after the presentation is over. After that it's like "Mass is ended.
Go in Peace, and remember to put on you @$#%^ crash helmets and
buckle up as you fight to get out of the parking light, My Dear Children."

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I am seeing a problem where
there is non. I wish people would speak up more on this issue.

Dennis