Thrashing

[Darth] Snowbeam linux at snowbeam.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 10 15:33:16 EDT 2000

I get this all the time whenever I got to the following website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Sit there for about 2 minutes and it starts. I have managed to stop it
after an hour or 3, by attempting to log into my machine remotely and
killing the process running ld-linux.so

It takes a lot to even log in and I believe it is cause primarily in
Netscape 4.6

I haven't run into the same problem on another machine running Netscape
4.72

Hope that helps.

---------
- [Darth] Snowbeam

"It is not fear that keeps the elephant wary of the mouse, it is his
wisdom that reminds him not to underestimate his opponent" -me