Corel LINUX OS

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 12:49:25 EDT 2000

--- jsimmons at acsu.buffalo.edu wrote:

> > JAMES, do you know how I put clock --digital in a Right hand pager as
> opposed
> > to the default window that E gives it??
>
> Nope. I have been to lazy and to cheap to get a book on KDE. I don't knwo
> the deatils on how to play with it.

James, I was asking about Enlightenment...  I added "xclock -d (bunch of stuff
for position)"   to my .xsession and I get a clock but It has the defalt E
window border, I can manually change it to a Right Hand Pager (I'm using the
BlueHeart Theme) but I was wondering if you knew the command line option to
force a right hand pager when the app starts.

> > I finally got Freeamp installed and can now play my MP3's from my NTserver
> on
> > my Linux box.  Man, now to get Tombraider playing and get rid of Winders
> > forever, but for that I NEED Direct X.
>
> Sorry :( See my othe rposting about DirectX.

Right, that was tongue-in-cheek, I know Direct-X isn't available in Linux.  And
games that require Direct Draw or other direct X options are the ONLY reason
left I have to keep a windoze partition.

> > Oh I also ran into my first Thrashing episode this weekend while in
> Netscape,
> > anyone have any ideas about what causes it or how to stop it other that
> > power-button?
>
> I have seen alot of posting about netscape and problems. Eithe rdowngrade
> or try out 6.0. I tried it and I have to say its not all that bad.

Thanks, I will have to check into that.  So the thrashing seems to be a symptom
of Netscape and not the OS or another app?  Hmm.

JJN