Transparent windows redux

James Simmons jsimmons at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sat Apr 8 22:51:42 EDT 2000

> So, let me pose the question again: "How do I get transparent
> background terminal windows with rxvt?"

With rxvt:

First try rxvt -h to see if compiled with Xresources compiled in. If it is
then place this in your .Xdefaults file or .Xresources. You have to have a
class name of Xterm or Rxvt. If you use Xterm then your configuration
should effect both xterms and rxvt. Rxvt only works with rxvt. In this
resource configuration file place inheritPixmap:True. That should do it.

"Look it's a text editor, no it's a OS, no it's Emacs"
James Simmons                                           ____/|
fbdev/gfx developer                                     \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org                               =(_)=
http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net                            U