DO IT IN THE ROAD! [Fwd: Please Update Your USA --> New York LUG List]

Dennis J. Eberl dje at pcom.net
Sat Apr 8 02:45:34 EDT 2000

Michael,

Thank you for catching the error in my e-mail address below.

                          Niagara Frontier Linux User's Group (NFLUG)
                           Location: Buffalo, New York
                           Web Site: http://www.nflug.org
                           Contact: Dennis Eberl
                           Email: dje at adelphia.net

I assume you changed it to read as currently posted:

                          Niagara Frontier Linux Users Group
                          Location: Niagara Frontier Region Ontario/Western New York
                          Web Site: http://www.nflug.org
                          Contact: NFLUG Mailing list

                           Email: dje at pcom.net

Thank you. Sorry about the confusion.

Sincerely,

Dennis Eberl

n  o  t      v  e  r  y      s  m  a  r  t.  : ]

If you think I am in love with being the contact person, you are quite miss-
taken. It is a pain in the neck to transcribe form e-mail as it is, and I will
not get involved in wrestling with anyone over who gets to reply to someone
seeking a "contact" at nflug at nflug.org. Someone else can do it. I nominate
James Simmons. Otherwise, you all may let inquiries fall through the
cracks -- and they probably will. As of May 15th, I am going sailing.

I will  bring this matter and related matters up in the meeting. What I do,
I do in the road. If the changed listing was not Michael's attempt to fix an
unreachable e-mail address (dje at adelphia.net)  but was the work of one of our
members, my only comment is that taking it upon oneself to pose as a
spokesman for the group and surreptitiously change our LUG listing is
presumptuous, arrogant, and cowardly in the extreme. I hope that is not
what happened. If no one else will speak up on this matter, we have a group
that is going to hell in a handcart. Remember what happened to BLUG97.
Why do you think it failed, James? And, Neff, you can hang your remark
"78 messages, most from a guy who can't decide if he's a flightless water
fowl or not,  in 2 days !! ekes" in your ear. Since James is off to San Jose at
the end of the semester, why don't you volunteer to be our contact person
at jjneff at praxair.com? Your snotty remark was out of line. The only
thing stupider than the straw man you created is counting 78 posts. Eeeks,
indeed!

Let the flames begin . . .

WE NEED TO STRAIGHTEN OUT OUR SHIT, PEOPLE. GET ON IT.

Dennis Eberl