Sendmail vs Quail. The battle continues

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 12:08:02 EDT 2000

Well, this article pretty much agrees with what I've been saying.
There are past security issues with sendmail that no longer exist.  The
available support is greater and it's more standard.  Of course, you're
violating my main condition.  I said that I don't want heresay
evidence. I want PERSONAL experience with a modern and correctly
configured sendmail.  The idea was to create a point/counterpoint
discussion to present information to the group.  The idea is to provide
the group with LOCAL information so that when they try to set up MTAs,
they have LOCAL help and understanding to make the correct (or most
appropriate) decision.  My purpose was to stamp out generic/blanket
statements such as "sendmail is insecure" and bring it home to a real
world understanding.  I've used and configured sendmail for many years
(don't ask how many and I won't have to lie :-) without much in the way
of problems and with no significant security issues that were not the
result of poor configuration.

So there! :-) PTHPTHPTHPTHPTHPTH!!!

Cheers!!

--- James Simmons <jsimmons at acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:

> http://linuxtoday.com/stories/18916.html
>
> "Look it's a text editor, no it's a OS, no it's Emacs"
> James Simmons                                           ____/|
> fbdev/gfx developer                                     \ o.O|
> http://www.linux-fbdev.org                               =(_)=
> http://linuxgfx.sourceforge.net                            U

=====
Bob Meyer