Netscape 6 contd...

[Darth] Snowbeam linux at snowbeam.dyndns.org
Wed Apr 5 17:03:42 EDT 2000

> I must confess to never having installed any software that wasn't put
> into an RPM or Debian package. I downloaded the tar.gz file from
> Netscape. What do I have to do to install it?

Well this is a beta so no installation of it is really required. Do the
following:

> tar zxvf netscape-v600pr1.x86-unknown-linux2.2.tar.gz

Once unzipped/tarred:

> cd package/
> ./netscape &

I hope that helps you out. I am told that the Linux version of AIM isn't
that great, in fact word on the street is that GAIM is one of the better
ones to look for, install and use.

---------
- [Darth] Snowbeam

"It is not fear that keeps the elephant wary of the mouse, it is his
wisdom that reminds him not to underestimate his opponent" -me